The process of Psychotherapy & Counselling enables a deeper understanding of personal history and how negative patterns lead to emotional stress.
Psychotherapy & Counselling encourages us to move from a point of concern (with problems and symptoms) towards exploring how we might lead a more fulfilling and authentic life.
During my sessions, we focus on current or past problems, experiences, thoughts, feelings, or relationships, and explore the conscious and unconscious processes and relationships between ourselves as well as the relationships we have with others. This includes perceptions, judgements, belief systems, emotions, behaviours and spiritual self care.
My method is highly supportive. I respect and respond to my client’s needs gently and consistently checking-in with their higher consciousness. My clients discover and connect with their real selves which supports them to transform the challenges the face into empowered transitions, finding peace in acceptance, and making inspired choices to live in a constructive and fulfilling way.
This exploration is one of understanding your deepest motivations, desires and fears. Each difficulty we experience shows us where you are cut off from ourselves. It can become an entry-point for developing and embodying deeper, hidden resources.
I guide my clients through the process of honest exploration of the issues they face, and provides interventions and tools to dissolve difficulty and transform relationships with themselves and others. This awareness is key to living a happy, harmonious and fulfilled life.
I use a framework that acknowledges the depth of the human spirit and holds a vision of our journey that includes all the different sides of our nature. The work is based on exploring the process of relationships as a sacred path. Far from being an obstacle to our personal growth and development, relationships can be a catalyst for discovering our authenticity. The approach is integrative attending to the whole persons’, perceptions, thoughts, feelings and physical experience. I work with a range of therapeutic modalities and issues.
An initial consultation will assess and identify the areas that need exploration, clarification and resolution. This assessment includes questions about the problem, personal and family history, and a review of current life stressors.
Individual Work involves regularly scheduled meetings on a weekly or twice weekly basis. Each session is 50mins in duration. Intensive sessions may be available as agreed.
Situations & Issues I Work With
- Immediate crisis
- Relationship difficulties
- Long term difficulties
- Intense emotions and feelings
- Communication problems
- Sexuality, Identity and sexual problems
- Illness and life threatening conditions
- Sexual Abuse
- Psychosexual therapy for Sexual difficulties
- Abuse, sexual, physical or emotional
- Self-esteem and confidence
- Managing Stress
- Trauma Post traumatic stress
- Having no feelings
- Feeling overwhelmed
- Problematic use of pornography
- Work related difficulties. Work Life balance, bullying or harassment
- Bereavement , Grief and Loss
- Death and Dying consciously
- Creativity and spiritual issues
- Dramatherapy, Art Therapy, Yoga Therapy
- Dis – ease and emotional distress
- Eating disorders, Body image and weight problems
- Dealing with life crises, dilemmas, transitions and changes
- Gay, Lesbian Bisexual issues
Walking the path of relationship deepens our capacity for compassion – embracing love, and helps us to understand love’s cycles of giving and receiving. The closer we become to another, the better we become to know ourselves.
Couples therapy focuses on the challenges existing in the relationship between people and is different from individual psychotherapy or counselling because the relationship is the focus of attention, as opposed to the individual.
We are not always aware of how we affect another person, often the way we treat another person is a direct expression of how we relate to ourselves.
I use a variety of therapeutic and creative interventions, which can help couples develop the tools for a successful relationship.
Many couples tend to come for Couples therapy as a last resort. I encourage couples to get to know their relationship with some perspective early on and check-in every so often, perhaps even without any serious problems involved. This approach supports couples in building an even stronger foundation, setting up clear channels of communication and understanding should there be increased pressure further down the line.
If there is an emergency or the relationship has reached a particularly challenging moment, setting up an appointment sooner rather than later makes all the difference. Couples may need only a few sessions to manage a crisis. Sessions could also run long term, the duration is set as required by each couple. As with individual psychotherapy, couples typically see me once a week or if preferable, as part of an intensive retreat which may last several days, again to suit each situation.
Situations & Issues I Work With
- One of you is very insecure, clingy or jealous and this is ruining the relationship;
- You are dealing with infidelity and affairs
- One or both of you cannot talk about your feelings
- Discussions turn into rows without resolution
- One or other of you is unhappy much of the time;
- You have stopped having sex or having sexual difficulties.
- You feel conflicted about the relationship and do not know what to do.
- You are having discussions about divorce or separation
- You are renegotiating the terms of your relationship
- You are having difficulties with intimacy and closeness
- You are repeating destructive relationship patterns
- There has been a Loss of Trust
- Difficulties with Poor self esteem
- You have difficulty with conflict and power dynamics
- You have transcultural relationship issues
- You experience problem with sexual desire
- You have fertility issues
- Difficult relationships with your in laws and family
- You or you partner have addictive Behaviours
- You or your partner has commitment difficulties
Many of our experiences of love, intimacy and sexuality are linked unconsciously to feelings of shame, guilt or fear. We do not always recognise that our thoughts about these topics prevent us from fully expressing and receiving love.
There are a variety of reasons why psychosexual therapy may be undertaken by individuals and couples experiencing sexual problems or difficulties. If your relationship is affected by sexual difficulties, Psychosexual or sex therapy will help you learn more satisfying sexual behaviour and to develop a sense of confidence and enjoyment in making love.
Psychosexual therapy can help overcome difficulties in obtaining and keeping the intimate relationships that you want. It can also provide an opportunity to explore your feelings about sex.
Some sexual problems are physical, resulting from disability, illness or a side-effect from medication. Some difficulties are psychological, rooted in negative childhood messages or sexual trauma or caused from relationship difficulties.
I work with individuals, couples, Heterosexual, Questioning and LGBTQA+ clients.
Situations & Issues I Work With:
- Sexual Addiction
- Multiple or anonymous sexual partners and /or one-night stands
- Obsessive dating through personal ads / online dating
- Phone or computer sex (cybersex)
- Extra-Marital Affair
- Inability to experience pleasure
- Inability to orgasm
- Lack of desire
- Inability to sustain sexually fulfilling relationships
- Sexual health
- Questions around your sexual orientation
- Difficulties with orgasm
- Erectile dysfunction
- General breakdown in a couple’s sexual relationship
- High or low sexual interest
- Loss of sexual desire
- Painful intercourse
- Sexual Desire Problems
- Arousal Disorders
- Sexual Pain Disorders
- Sexuality and orientation